Home Getting Started Rules Plot Claims House Listings Application Wanteds Help Wiki

Welcome Staff Latest Posts Refresh

Welome to Land In The Stars, and Original Science-Fantasy RPG focused on the drama, war, and politics of the Noble Houses of a stagnating interstellar Empire. Inspired by great works of Fantasy and Science Fiction alike to tell a saga of intimate characterization and epic plot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Berth (Far Marches, Veilais), 2/13
House Durant
House Durant

Veilais
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

All Accounts Posts: 79
The silence of the decks allowed her a modicum of time to think. Her boots were thick and set with gravity pads just in case the pulse of the ship went dead for some reason. All around her pressured bulkhead doors and compartments created a squared honeycomb of plas and armor plating to protect those inside from the deep freeze and the uncaring vacuum just outside. To think perhaps a few hundred mevres sat in one direction and she'd be dead.

This was a fact every Starborn lived with, it was how the colonies kept going. After centuries in space the folk of the stations, drifter colonies and more had adapted to the confined living spaces they made a home. Her tall long elfin frame cut a weird silhouette in the corridor as she strolled away from the transfer tube. Her body readjusting to the mid-level gees created by the force of the Solar-Sails.

Commander Malice had walked off the shuttle from the transfer point and been welcome by an Ensign and two non-coms. The three welcomed her aboard the Flagship of the fleet with a bit of song and dance. her new assignment had been one well earned. As Executive Officer, she would be taking a first-hand step in gaining greater recognition for her skills as a commanding officer. Her only personal items she brought into her berth was a PND, a set of clothes, and a few other simple things.

Maelys dropped it on the cot and activated her PND to connect to the ship's locnet. Already, she was filled with anticipation for what lay beyond. The young woman peeled off her dress uniform and put on an athletic bodysuit before hitting the gym for the day. Nothing like raised and lowered gees to work. Even after years of being an officer, she hit the weights with abandon after a long hour of cardio.

As she finished the workout for the evening she switched off her songcast she was listening too. Her muscles screamed from use, and as she wiped the last bit of sweat of brow she called it quits. A quick dash in the sonic shower ended with her get some guff over her transfer from the Marine Corps to the fleet. [i[Not their sketting problem![/i] Maelys changed and hit her bunk. The door was locked as she set the main screen in the bunk to cast reports from the Confederacy.

Maelys closed her eyes as she started to drift off to sleep.
@GreatSage
House Durant
House Durant

Durant Homeworld
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Great Sage

All Accounts Posts: 6
Eloise was aware that the new Captain had boarded, she was aware of everything aboard La Belle Dame Sans Mercredi, her many eyes and ears kept endless vigil upon all souls aboard her.she pulled up the datafile on her new commander and absorbed the information in a nanosecond - a gloomy sort but solid, she would serve well , with a blink she shifted awareness to her interbod, walking with precise movements she click -clacked her way down her hallways to the door of the Training Hall 3, her hand waved across the Sysnet terminal at the door.

++Activate Training Programme TaV-121265-Du - 142.9++

And stepped forward through the open door. With a flare of TEK energy she activated Le Petit Mort her Meta-blade and the air shimmered as she manifested a ward shield. Holographic foes flickered into life as the impassive face of Eloise became a feral mask. Leaping, spinning, in a deadly dance of death wings of fire flaring around her as she tore her foes apart. It took 32 seconds and she finished with an exultant look on her face.

As she sheathed her blade and dropped her shields the impassive, face returned and she calmly left, as she did she reconnected with MOTHER ( her private name for her other self) and reviewed the data logs, a small fire in the galley, quickly dealt with, an infestation of space weavels in Cargo Hold 3 - activate Exterminators - an argument in the Soldier's mess , quickly resolved - Note : Private Aluard Du Reine  30 Demerits - Review Captain's Breakfast preferences - Ah, she prefers her Cafe black, and  an apricot Croissant - Ordered and timed to arrive at 05:32. Everything is well )2:46 and all is well.
House Durant
House Durant

Durant Homeworld
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Great Sage

At precisely 05.27 AM the new XO was roused from her slumbers by the tones of her alarm.
She is greeted by the image of an uncannily perfect , tall blonde in formal Dress Uniform, she speaks in a flawlessly perfect Veilrein upper class accent modulated to be clear and pleasant. She has a neutrally pleasant expression on her face. Her eyes are like sapphires burning with an inner fire, her hair is like spun gold - literally.
"Good Morning Sir, welcome aboard La Belle Dame Sans Mercredi, I am your TALOS if you wish you may call me Eloise. You have 143 Messages in your inbox, I have taken the liberty of prioritising them according to importance, for today you have the following events. At 05.57 you are expected on my Bridge to deliver the traditional rousing speech of Introduction, at 06.14 you are scheduled to begin your individual briefing meetings with the Department Heads. 12.01 PM you have a short break scheduled for lunch, followed at 12.32 with a tour of the ship ending at 18.30 with a formal dinner to welcome you aboard, after 20.34 you have some free time for recreation. I trust this schedule meets with your approval? If not please inform me of any changes you require and I will enact changes to suit you.

Finally, Adjutant TaV-121265-Du - "Eloise of Durant is assigned to you for personal Security and as a liaison between you and I when off ship, she is awaiting you outside your door, in the meantime I have arranged for your customary breakfast to be delivered to you" The Hologram of an uncannily perfect Blonde woman points to a silver covered plate on the table, "Enjoy!"

She then executes a Perfect Salute and awaits further orders.
House Durant
House Durant

Veilais
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

When she was done with her shift she always would disconnect from the world to retire to her berth. Having a quarters free of constant connection was nice, though it was just an illusion. No matter how hard she tried, every square centimevre of her life was webbed and covered in network fibers. Her eyes thus closed tightly as she listened to music via a portable speaker built in her PND. She was quietly mouthing along to the music as it suddenly stopped and switched tracks. Her PND was connected to a private virutal channel with a slaved Virtual Intelligence named Gerard. The simplified synth-servant acted as a moderator of her content and had lengthy subroutines on her preferences when it came to entertainment. Gerard was not only expansive enough to categorize her messages, he was able to manifest small avatars to interact with her for short periods of time.

But that was the extent of his ability. While her Virtual Network was just filtering basic data for future processing from the Ship's Locnet she herself was completely just trying to sleep. A full shift of several hours lay ahead and they had a shakedown cruise to attend as new officers would be foring the backbone of the latest crew of the Flagship.

She was so tired from her travels she didn't see an alert activate the screen of her PND or the response of "currently off-shift please message for later" sent in response by Gerard. One of the local VIs was inquiring about her attendance at a morning meeting with the rest of the officers. There was a large beep that awoke her after a few hours sleep. Eyes opened automatially from years of training to sleep to the limit of her capabilities. Soon her hand was sliding over the PND to unlock the little machine as she said aloud. "Assess ship status and ship reports once we are able to speak directly to the TALOS." The PND replied with another beep as it recorded took a second to disseminate the command.

The beep and alert however was a false alarm as clocks for her PND were erroring in their syncing with the Locnet. She turned over and steadily went back to sleep. Never send a VI to do the work of an SI! I need to touch base with the TALOS brother has working here. If I remember she's been around for a while.

She heard the quiet woosh of holographic generator activating before the chime truly woke her up.

The tones of her alarm began to sound in rapid succession as the holo generator loaded the image waking her. It was a blonde woman, Veilrien in appearance, and even spoke fluent High Avalonic. Her eyes surveyed the blonde holo form and she heard the introduction. Is this the one that brother has pictures of? Interesting, I think I've seen her in the palace once or twice. The TALOS shard had picked up all the information from Gerard and had compiled it for her. Very useful. The truth was she was a little intimidated by the "Imperial Knight" who served her family.

Her memory tried of search for the reason behind the reward given to the Soulgiven, but she couldn't find it. Likely she had forgotten, as smart as Maelys was she had a limited memory. Her hands rested on her knees as she sat up to stare at the holo of the TALOS.

Personal security? I get an Imperial Adjutant as personal bodyguard. Interesting, I wonder if someone has filed Intent against me. Her hair was mid-cut length at the moment. A stray lock fell in front of her left eye as she locked gazes with the holo. Yes, this would do. She rose from her bunk to begin dressing in her uniform for the day. Not even bothering to care as the female image finished her information download.

"Thank you Adjutant Eloise. I will be happy to have the security especially as I take on responsibilities with this vessel." She had already pulled on her underwear and her pants. Next was a bra and her shirt as she fitted the felt and clipped her rank insignia in place. Already she was itching to pull on her boots and give them that little shine for the morning walk. She have an schedule keep.

There was a chime at the door to signal her breakfast arriving.

"Enter please." she barked to the door to let the ensign steward deliver her food.
House Durant
House Durant

Durant Homeworld
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Great Sage

The Door opened, revealing a young ensign with a Breakfast Tray, just beyond him a tall blonde can be seen dressed in the duty uniform of an Adjutant Tek -Knight, she snaps into a perfect salute as soon as she sees you, waiting for further instructions from you
House Durant
House Durant

Veilais
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

The blonde's eyes focused on the ensign as the door opened and she straightened in her regular off-duty smock. Her focus was removed for a moment as she eyed the another head just beheind him. Someone a little taller, and a tad too familiar for her own taste. So. The Talos had sent her bodily form, but why? Seemed a little weird to attach an imperial Adjutant to her person. There were plenty of loyal Guardsmen who could do the job and as the XO of the ship her job was to oversee it's administration and not deal with a bodyguard.

She rolled her eyes as she waited for the steward to set aside her breakfast and she gave a brief nod and thanked him. She was damn hungry and Maelys' mouth was watering at the smell of her breakfast. she knew it wasn't fresh baked and was mostly made from soy and other easy to grow carbs, but by the Prebyster she was starving!

"Adjutant Eloise. You may enter,"' she said and gestured for Eloise to enter as she tore into her food with ravenous hunger. Her breakfast was a mix of bits of baguette and a few bits of sausage. Her body ate up the protein like it was starved of the stuff. As she finished she took a drink from a small canteen she kept near her PND.

"Now why were you assigned as my guard?".
House Durant
House Durant

Durant Homeworld
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Great Sage

Eloise steps into the room, every movement precise and controlled, up close her unnatural perfection is even more obvious, she stops, and with exactly the correct amount of deference in her stance and tone she says in perfectly modulated High Avalonic.
"Sir, I was ordered to provide you with extra assistance by your brother, The Lord Durant, I am very familiar with this vessel, of course and I am well trained in being both discrete and useful, if I might offer my educated conjecture, based on what intelligence we have gathered there might be some particularly dangerous threat inherent in this mission which requires my special skills, or, perhaps this is simply a gesture of brotherly concern? I lack complete data to fully calculate a more precise hypothesis for what motivates my superiors"
Eloise , for just a second , the mask of professionalism slips, she is clearly deeply concerned by this lack of clarity,
"If you would prefer not to have my services, you are of course, well within your rights to send me back to my primary duty of protecting Lord Durant, in the meantime, Sir, I am at your disposal"

She stands there at attention, focussed, vigilant, awaiting further orders
House Durant
House Durant

Veilais
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

At seeing the woman-thing walking into her bunkroom she could only smile. She wasn't a racist, but there was something off about how a soulgiven used the tact of an Imperial Officer. Maybe it was just how she was taught and even the modulated High Avalonic made her hair stand on it. It was that stupid uncanny feeling the best of the synthetics gave her. Of course, her face was school behind a masque of command, straight and imposing. The face she had learn to fit to her skull whenever plressed for decisions.

"Then it is good you were assigned to my person. You may address me as Commander Durant when on duty." Maelys didn't even bother with the other formalities. Even as a member of teh High Bloood she found the peculiar dictates of etiquette to be worthless. Even if the she disliked the independence of the Soulgive she would respect the rank of Adjutant.

Service to her House was the greatest thing any soldier could render. Even if they were a Synthetic. She activated a privacy screen to make sure her formal smock was in order and then it fell as she walked back out. Even as she glanced at the synthetic she didn't notice the micro-expression. Too many years of being trained to 'ignore the help" made it hard for the woman to notice the stress of servants.

"Shall we head to the bridge?" she said as she then added, "Lead the way Adjutant Eloise."