Home Getting Started Rules Plot Claims House Listings Application Wanteds Help Wiki

Welcome Staff Latest Posts Refresh

Welome to Land In The Stars, and Original Science-Fantasy RPG focused on the drama, war, and politics of the Noble Houses of a stagnating interstellar Empire. Inspired by great works of Fantasy and Science Fiction alike to tell a saga of intimate characterization and epic plot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Amaterasu plots
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel - Yomi
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

asphodel

All Accounts Posts: 11
The most revered house of Amaterasu invites a refined discussion of future plans and potential conflict.

AKA: I'm playing the House Lady, so if there's anything you folks would like to play out which will involve the house as a whole, its policies and actions, or Komachi herself, feel free to put it here or in Discord.
Administrator
Administrators

Avalon Cluster
Immortal / Sidhe
Genderfluid
zh= zhe | zher | zhim

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

All Accounts Posts: 79
I need a name for the Hachiman character I'll be making, but when I do get the energy to finish Stasya I'll start work on her.
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel - Yomi
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

asphodel

(03-01-2019, 02:43 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote: I need a name for the Hachiman character I'll be making, but when I do get the energy to finish Stasya I'll start work on her.

Rad. Are there any plot or character beats you're particularly interested in exploring?
Administrator
Administrators

Avalon Cluster
Immortal / Sidhe
Genderfluid
zh= zhe | zher | zhim

Datafile

Played By

ShadowedSin

All Accounts Posts: 79
Probably working with your character for self-defense. Also probably threads discussing growing problems with whispers of rebellion :3
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel - Yomi
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

asphodel

(03-01-2019, 05:35 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote: Probably working with your character for self-defense. Also probably threads discussing growing problems with whispers of rebellion :3

Rebellion sounds fun. For self-defense, I hope you're prepared for how much Komachi Does Not Want.
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel - Yomi
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

asphodel

ShadowedSin, your feedback would be rad; I'd put this on Discord but honestly, typing something long seemed easier here.

This is where I'm seeing the current state of House Amaterasu:

Politically, they rule over Yomi, Anwn, and Raoharenga as major factions. There are also a number of smaller factions - smaller ethnic groups, especially on Yomi; people of the Outer Rim in small colonies; and shipborn nomads, pirates, and traders.

Let's talk about Yomi first. More to follow on how Amaterasu interacts with everyone else.

Current relations within Yomi are relatively calm, as economic prosperity calms internal relations. House Amaterasu has the military and economic force to quell insurrection among the other nations and Houses of Yomi, and therefore holds de facto absolute rule.

On Yomi, there is a High Court to which each Yomijin house is expected to send representatives for much of the year - currently, this High Court holds very limited power, but the representatives are always watching for a chance to improve their house status among the Yomijin.

Because the Houses of Yomi control relatively discrete territories, a major political incident (like a well-publicized case of Amaterasu police brutality, or an economic depression) could cause these Houses to seek greater independence within their own territories, and such a populist rebellion would be difficult and expensive for Amaterasu to put down. House Amaterasu has had nasty experiences with this in the past, and is wary of the expense in money and political capital involved in civil war - so while House Amaterasu blatantly seeks its own interests, the current regime is allowing lesser Houses to largely govern their own territory, and is working to further their economic interests, rather than exploiting them for the benefit of House Amaterasu.

While the Islands of Sutarei controlled by House Amaterasu have limited mineral resources, the tropical islands allow for efficient farming both of basic cereals for internal consumption, and cash crops for export such as coffee, spices, and tropical fruits.

Other parts of Yomi tend to grow basic cereals and more temperate crops for both internal use and export, to some annoyance; while food exports are a thriving business, Amaterasu's control over tropical cash crops means they maintain economic superiority over the lesser houses. Sarat and Nam may eventually challenge Amaterasu for dominance of the cash crop industry, but Amaterasu's regulations regarding slash-and-burn conversion of their tropical forests to agriculture have hampered their economic development, which continues to cause tension.

Sutarei also imports large amounts of silk and cotton from Tianxia and Gaeryo, which is currently a mutually-agreeable system. While Sutarei could produce textiles itself, its tropical climate means that cash crops are currently more profitable. High-quality textiles are a major status symbol among many of the houses of Yomi, and Tianxia in particular has a reputation for quality textiles which makes them one of the wealthiest of lesser houses on Yomi. Some textile imports are altered upon arrival in Sutarei - often overdyed or resewn, sometimes with added ornamentation - but the most labor- and space-intensive parts of textile production are largely practiced elsewhere. The current trend is toward clothing specific to the current season and landscape, e.g., featuring the flowers which are currently in bloom, which has encouraged middle-class professionals whose duties prevent them from wearing the twelve-layered robe to purchase clothes in greater volume nonetheless. There may be a backlash against this trend in a few years, toward fewer but higher-quality clothes.

House Amaterasu iis actively working to improve Yomi's textile export industry, focusing on more specific and elaborate designs as a status symbol among offworlders. House Amaterasu is, as usual, trying to position itself as the purveyor of the highest-quality textiles, and there is a small-but-growing industry of artisanal embroidery, overdying, and weaving, largely intended for export out-system. Fashion shows are also becoming more common, as House Amaterasu attempts to become known as the arbiter of taste.

Yomi's proximity to the Outer Rim and the relatively large shipborn population in Sentinel means that food exports are valuable; most small colonies and ships have a food deficit and rely heavily on food imports from Yomi, particularly calorie-dense foods like rice, and spices which cannot be efficiently grown on-ship.

Yomi imports raw minerals from off-world and is dependent on them for the thriving tech manufacture industry. While all the houses of Yomi participate in this industry to some degree, House Amaterasu's goods have a reputation as the top-quality and most prestigious tech.

Mineral imports are one of the greater sources of economic tension for House Amaterasu, as they are the largest out-system import, and are therefore used as a bludgeon by Throne and Rook. Amaterasu has quietly condoned piracy by ""independent factions"" in order to avoid other houses' taxes upon these goods; this is especially true of the rarer elements required for modern technology, such as gallium and gold. While Throne and Rook are likely aware of and combating this piracy, it has not yet boiled over into open pressure against House Amaterasu to stop trading with criminals.
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel
Faeru.
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Zin

All Accounts Posts: 7
Well, you know me, darling. Always up for an adventure. You probably should get to know my... family... better at some point.
House Amaterasu
House Amaterasu

Sentinel - Yomi
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

asphodel

(03-10-2019, 05:52 AM)Blair oc Artur Wrote: Well, you know me, darling. Always up for an adventure. You probably should get to know my... family... better at some point.

Then let us begin
With our first market meeting,
Brief as teacups' warmth
Beneath the chill winter moon,
No less welcome to numb hands.