Home Getting Started Rules Plot Claims House Listings Application Wanteds Help Wiki

Welcome Staff Latest Posts Refresh

Welome to Land In The Stars, and Original Science-Fantasy RPG focused on the drama, war, and politics of the Noble Houses of a stagnating interstellar Empire. Inspired by great works of Fantasy and Science Fiction alike to tell a saga of intimate characterization and epic plot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mature Content Caris, Gwar Meister
House Durant
House Durant

Sentinel, Anwn
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Branwen

Padding down the halls barefoot, Caris scowls at the insistent beeping of her comm alerts. She wished she could wear her Inner Skin for this transaction, but that would just create more trouble from her 'Master' than it was worth. The dark corridors of her ship were ribbed, lined with near-biological black panels. The iris-like door of the comms chamber opened, then closed behind her. She kneeled before the holographic projector in the centre of the circular room and answered the call, knowing that Stasya would probably listen in somehow.

The picture of a haughty fifteen-year-old boy in a noble's uniform appeared, glaring at her. "Sir Rodan..."

"What did you do?" he demanded, interrupting immediately.

Caris sighed. "I did as you instructed."

"You were supposed to take care of it personally!"

"I did, Sir," Caris said, stressing the 'Sir'. "I took an opportunity to perform the deed without exposing..."

"I wanted him to look into his assassin's eyes and know who killed him!"

"Such sentiments are meaningless to the dead."

House Durant
House Durant

Sentinel, Anwn
Female
s= she | her | hers

Datafile

Played By

Branwen

Caris didn't flinch as Rodan grabbed something from outside the hologram's field of view and flung it at her. The holographic debris simply faded from existence, it was a petty intimidation tactic that tended to only work on children and particularly nervous people. Her 'partner' wasn't particularly experienced with adults other than senior members of the family. He took a breath to vent his fit of pique more verbally when another bleep from the intercom interrupted them. Rather than wait for Caris to disconnect the call, the computer immediately patched the new caller into the conversation.

Remaining kneeling, Caris was surprised when Elder Nelius' visage appeared next to Rodan's. They were wearing a young female form now, suited in a skin tight black outfit similar to Caris', only festooned with spider-like appendages tipped with manipulator claws. The elder smiled down at Caris. "Ah, there you are my dear, please rise. No need to stand on ceremony for old friends."

I stood, showing that I was a full head taller than Rodan. "Thank you, Elder. Rodan was just discussing my last mission."

"Yes! Excellent work," Nelius congratulated me before Rodan could utter a single syllable. "Quiet efficiency pleases the Hidden Empire. If you'll excuse us, Sir... Um..."

"Rodan, Elder," Caris supplied.

"Of course, Rodan, please excuse us while we talk current business." Without a pause, Nelius remotely dismissed Rodan's connection. "Your talents are wasted on that child, Caris," Nelius snarled, showing her true Gwar nature, "what progress have you made on your current mission?"

Caris took a deep breath. "Maru's trail went cold at the mining station," she answered, "they didn't respond to coded communications or leave any messages at predetermined drop points. I conclude that Maru is either dead, disabled, captured or gone rogue. Following my mission parameters, finding Maru has become my secondary objective. I'm in the process of scouting local supply chains and the black market, it's likely Maru would have started there anyway."

Nelius nodded. "Leave no lead unexplored, Caris. My orders are as follows: Under no circumstances abandon this mission. If your Suzerain or Consort recalls you, they must do so through me. Remind them of that. The Hidden Empire has made its wishes clear in this matter, your House cannot afford to contract our ire. Elder Nelius out."

Breathing hard, Caris wipes sweat from her brow. Nelius was playing hardball.